[bitcoin-dev] Unlimited covenants, was Re: CHECKSIGFROMSTACK/{Verify} BIP for Bitcoin

Russell O'Connor roconnor at blockstream.com
Mon Jul 5 01:02:25 UTC 2021

Bear in mind that when people are talking about enabling covenants, we are
talking about whether OP_CAT should be allowed or not.

That said, recursive covenants, the type that are most worrying, seems to
require some kind of OP_TWEAK operation, and I haven't yet seen any
evidence that this can be simulated with CHECKSIG(FROMSTACK).  So maybe we
should leave such worries for the OP_TWEAK operation.

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 8:51 PM ZmnSCPxj via bitcoin-dev <