[bitcoin-dev] OP_CAT Makes Bitcoin Quantum Secure [was CheckSigFromStack for Arithmetic Values]

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 8 08:12:01 UTC 2021

Good morning Jeremy,

Yes, quite neat indeed, too bad Lamport signatures are so huge (a couple kilobytes)... blocksize increase *cough*

Since a quantum computer can derive the EC privkey from the EC pubkey and this scheme is resistant to that, I think you can use a single well-known EC privkey, you just need a unique Lamport keypair for each UTXO (uniqueness being mandatory due to Lamport requiring preimage revelation).

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj