[bitcoin-dev] Boost Bitcoin circulation, Million Transactions Per Second with stronger privacy

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Sat Jun 19 21:14:08 UTC 2021

There is no solution to preventing the fraud proofs.  This is a known issue
for Bitcoin in general.  It basically caps your protocol at the cost of
performing a fraud proof attack.

Also I would ditch email in the core protocol, and use QR codes and
device-to-device linking.

client a shows QR
client b scans QR (which is a pubkey)
client b publishes his pubkey (gossip network), with POSK proof

Then you add to your contact list.

Email to be an optional clearly less secure layer but not part of the core
protocol.  It is vulnerable to mitm (how do you know who you're paying),
but again for small values and known risks it's not terrible.

https://raymo-49157.medium.com/time-to-boost-bitcoin-circulation-million-transactions-per-second-and-privacy-1eef8568d180