[bitcoin-dev] Proposal: Full-RBF in Bitcoin Core 24.0

Billy Tetrud billy.tetrud at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:13:23 UTC 2021

>  services providers are offering zero-conf channels, where you can start
to spend instantly [0]. I believe that's an interesting usage

I agree those are interesting and useful cases. I suppose I should clarify
that when I asked if bitcoin should continue supporting 0-conf
transactions, I meant: should we make design decisions based on whether it
makes raw 0-conf transactions more or less difficult to double spend on? I
do think 0-conf transactions can be useful in situations where there is
some level of trust (either direct trust between the interacting parties,
or disperse trust that most people won't try to double spend, perhaps
because the transaction is small or their identity is tied to it). Fidelity
bonds sound like an interesting way to mitigate sybil attacks in a
reputation system.