[bitcoin-dev] Yesterday's Taproot activation meeting on lockinontimeout (LOT)

Ariel Lorenzo-Luaces arielluaces at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:32:00 UTC 2021

I agree.

Thank you Erik for proposing it. It's a pretty good idea.

P.S. I wouldn't want a chain split of a low percentage of users though. The minority will be at the mercy of massive PoW swings and the chain will lose friends so it's not good for anyone. I recommend changing the final percentage to %50 because that's the hurdle where non-upgraded users *must* activate to avoid the risk of being reorged. The number of running users will quickly jump to 90%+ if it ever gets near 50%.

Cheers
Ariel Lorenzo-Luaces