[bitcoin-dev] Taproot activation meeting on IRC - Tuesday 16th March 19:00 UTC

Jeremy jlrubin at mit.edu
Mon Mar 15 19:14:02 UTC 2021

Please announce such meetings with more than ~24 hours notice -- this has
happened several times and while I recognize the pace of development on
this issue I think that slotting a consensus meeting with less than 24
hours is inappropriate.

I think we should proactively postpone it a week so that there isn't an
arbitrary "too low turnout" measure and instead anyone who really wants to
be present for the meeting can plan to be.

So as not to lose momentum on having a discussion, I propose to plan to
hold a general discussion tomorrow at that time and a meeting (with the
intent of resolving issues in a more binding way) next week. It may be a
good idea to hold the time slot every other week for the next while so that
we can avoid this 24 hour thing altogether.

It sucks to lose another week but a precedent of 24 hour notice meetings
for non urgent changes is very negative.

(This isn't any comment on if ST is OK or not -- the schedules proposed for
ST thus far seem acceptable to me)

Best,

Jeremy
--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>
<https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 10:20 AM Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <