[bitcoin-dev] PSA: Taproot loss of quantum protections

Robert Spigler RobertSpigler at protonmail.ch
Mon Mar 15 22:30:35 UTC 2021

I agree with Matt.

The naked pubkey is required for some of the benefits being implemented (snicker coinjoins).

Even with pubkey hashes, bitcoin could still be stolen because the pubkey is published on spend.  Regardless, QC needs to be fixed later on (decades), and shouldn't be a reason to NACK taproot.

Personal Fingerprint:  BF0D 3C08 A439 5AC6 11C1 5395 B70B 4A77 F850 548F