[bitcoin-dev] Encryption of an existing BIP39 mnemonic without changing the seed

Tobias Kaupat Tobias at kaupat-hh.de
Thu May 6 14:10:31 UTC 2021

Hello Erik,
Thanks for your reply.
After a little research I came to the same conclusion. PDKDF2 makes sense,
since it is already used in BIP39.
I will update my code.

Regarding SeedXOR:
That's at least a similar solution, but than I have to store 2 phrases, I
really like to keep one part in my head, which is only possible with a
password.
Plus for anyone who want to use two seeds my proposal also works - it just
needs software to be applied.

Kind regards
Tobias Kaupat