[bitcoin-dev] Gradual transition to an alternate proof without a hard fork.

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Fri May 21 20:54:57 UTC 2021

the original argument was correct: has to be a hard fork.

otherwise there's nothing to prevent a miner with leftover asics from
"tricking" old nodes to following another chain.

a hard fork is a really, really high bar - there would have to be
something very broken to justify it.

quantum-hashing or whatever (proof-of burn of course is as
quantum-safe as the underlying chain is... so it's nice to switch to,
should it be necessary)