[bitcoin-dev] Trying to patch Core ZMQ "rawtx" topic to only publish unconfirmed transactions: How?

0xB10C 0xb10c at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:32:15 UTC 2021

Hi Ali,

I've run into this multiple times myself. I've opened a draft PR [0]
adding a rawmempooltx publisher.

You're right. In zmq/zmqnotificationinterface.cpp the
CZMQNotificationInterface is notified about TransactionAddedToMempool.
Currently, this calls NotifyTransaction() (the publisher with the rawtx
topic) and NotifyTransactionAcceptance() (the publisher with the
sequence topic)[1]. I've added a call to a new
NotifyMempoolTransaction() function (the publisher with the rawmempooltx
topic).

I'd find a mempool transaction publisher with both the raw transaction
and transaction fee useful too. However, this requires changes to the
chain notifications in interfaces/chain.h.

[0]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23624
[1]:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23624/files#diff-ac4b2d3a8de2c4dd41ad9d75505ea6ce4dc87a476710a9ebee8acf9bebf5cca2L146-L148

Best,