[bitcoin-dev] bitcoin.org missing bitcoin core version 22.0

Andrew Chow achow101-lists at achow101.com
Wed Oct 20 21:50:13 UTC 2021

On 10/20/2021 03:20 PM, Owen Gunden via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> I also notice that, as of 22.0, Wladimir is no longer signing the
> releases, and I have no trust in my gpg network of the people who seem
> to have replaced him.
It is signed with his personal key, as well as the personal keys of
several other developers.

> Given the level of security at stake here, my eyebrows are raised at
> this combination of items changing (new website + new gpg signers at the
> same time).
bitcoincore.org has been Bitcoin Core's official website for several
years. Binaries have not been posted to bitcoin.org by the release
maintainer for several major releases. The only reason they are still
available there is because bitcoin.org's maintainer mirrors them.