[bitcoin-dev] bitcoin.org missing bitcoin core version 22.0

Pieter Wuille bitcoin-dev at wuille.net
Wed Oct 20 19:37:48 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 at 3:20 PM, Owen Gunden via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I also notice that, as of 22.0, Wladimir is no longer signing the
> releases, and I have no trust in my gpg network of the people who seem
> to have replaced him.

This is not correct. Here are Wladimir's attestations on the 22.0 release: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/guix.sigs/tree/main/22.0/laanwj

There is no separate special release key anymore though. Instead, the build attestations (by anyone) can be used as your trust basis.

> Given the level of security at stake here, my eyebrows are raised at
> this combination of items changing (new website + new gpg signers at the
> same time).

There is no new website. The Bitcoin Core project website has been https://bitcoincore.org for years. I don't know why https://bitcoin.org hasn't updated to list the 22.0 release, though; that's up to them.

Cheers,

--
Pieter