[bitcoin-dev] Announcement: Full-RBF Miner Bounty

0xB10C b10c at b10c.me
Fri Dec 9 16:04:05 UTC 2022

Hi AJ and list,

> This seems to be pretty good evidence that we currently don't have any
> significant hashrate mining with fullrbf policies (<0.5% if there was a
> high fee replacement available prior to every block having been mined),
> despite the bounty having been collected.

For further monitoring, I've set-up a mempoolfullrbf=1 node and are
logging replacement events with [0]. I filter the full-RBF replacements
and list the replaced and replacement transactions here:

https://fullrbf.mempool.observer/

This also tries to find out if either the replaced or replacement
transaction has been included in a block upon loading the site. The
yellow mined-in-badges link to the block on miningpool.observer to a)
show the mining pool (if known) and b) see if the (mempoolfullrbf=0)
miningpool-observer node thinks this transaction is extra / conflicts
with the mined transaction. This should be the case if a full-RBF
replacement transaction is mined.

Over the last few days, I has mostly seen OP_RETURN transactions
(presumably mostly by OpenTimestamps; but I haven't checked closely) and
a few other non-OP_RETURN transactions. None of the replacement
transactions have been mined yet.

[0]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/26531#issuecomment-1333832906

Best,
0xB10C