[bitcoin-dev] Full-RBF Peering Bitcoin Core v24.0.1 Released

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Mon Dec 12 20:41:57 UTC 2022

Available from: https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin/tree/full-rbf-v24.0.1

eg:

    git clone -b full-rbf-v24.0.1 https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin.git

What is this? It's Bitcoin Core v24.0.1, with Antoine Riard's full-rbf peering
code, and some additional minor updates to it. This does two things for
full-rbf nodes:

1) Advertises a FULL_RBF service bit when mempoolfullrbf=1 is set.
2) Connects to four additional FULL_RBF peers.

Doing this ensures that a core group of nodes are reliably propagating full-rbf
replacements. We don't need everyone to run this. But it'd be helpful if more
people did.

Right now I'd estimate that there are ~30 reliable nodes accepting incoming
connections and running the v24.0 version of this branch. Additionally there
are another ~50 reliable Bitcoin Knots nodes accepting incoming connections;
Knots advertises the service bit, but doesn't have the peering code.