[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Contracting Primitives WG 1st Meeting, Tuesday 15 Nov. 18:00 UTC

Antoine Riard antoine.riard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:47:18 UTC 2022

Hi list,

After I have been asked offline the exact date when those meetings were
actually starting, I'm proposing Tuesday 15th November at 18:00 UTC, i.e 2
weeks from now. Thinking about a monthly frequency for now (from my
experience attending dlcspecs/lighnting specs meetings/core dev meetings in
the past, weekly sounds too much, biweekly/monthly sounds better though
dunno yet good frequency).

If there is an incompatibility with another public engineering meeting in
the Bitcoin space, let it know. We can talk about a better schedule during
the 1st session [0].

Communication venue is #bitcoin-contracting-primitives-wg on Libera Chat
[1]. Feel free to lurk already and ask questions.

No consistent agenda beyond listening to every attendee their expectations,
ideas, subjects of interests they would like to see happening with this new
covenants/contracting primitives R&D process.

If you have been working on a contracting
protocols/side-chains/rollups/other use-cases that could benefit from
extended Bitcoin contracting primitives, feel free to open an issue there:
https://github.com/ariard/bitcoin-contracting-primitives-wg/issues

Let it know if you have more questions or feedback.

Cheers,
Antoine

[0] It would be great to have a schedule inclusive of most timezones we
can, 18:00 UTC might be too early for Asian and Oceanic ones. Later, we
start to be exclusive towards contributors in Eastern Europe.

[1] There have been more voices suggesting jitsi/audio-based meetings
rather than IRC. It's a cool format too, though coming with trade-offs.