[bitcoin-dev] [Opt-in full-RBF] Zero-conf apps in immediate danger

Pieter Wuille bitcoin-dev at wuille.net
Tue Oct 11 16:18:10 UTC 2022

On Friday, October 7th, 2022 at 5:37 PM, Dario Sneidermanis via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> Thanks for the fast answer! It seems I missed the link to the PR, sorry for the
> confusion. I'm referring to the opt-in flag for full-RBF from #25353
> (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/25353).

Hello Dario,

It is not clear to me why you believe the merging of this particular pull request poses an immediate risk to you.

As explained by others, it's only a configuration option that is default off, and the possibility of running rull-RBF policy nodes on the network have been trivial for anyone who wanted to for a long time on the network.

I don't want to sound dismissive of your concerns, but at this point I'm not convinced you're actually aware of what this PR does and doesn't do.

Cheers,

--
Pieter