[bitcoin-dev] [Opt-in full-RBF] Zero-conf apps in immediate danger

Sergej Kotliar sergej at bitrefill.com
Mon Oct 24 07:45:13 UTC 2022

There are many countermeasures that can be done, we've only implemented a
subset of them as more haven't been needed.

Mainly we wait some time to make sure any conflicting transaction has time
to propagate on the network. We have well connected nodes with basic
redundancy.
When they are available we sometimes use external block explorers for
certain nice-to-have enhancements, but it's absolutely not required for
zeroconf as they are frequently down.

I can of course only speak to our custom-built setup, presumably everyone
who accepts payments with bitcoin uses something similar. Regardless, let's
maybe not go as far as to say that anyone who accepts payments with bitcoin
is attacking bitcoin ;)

--

Sergej Kotliar

CEO