[bitcoin-dev] Seeking concept ACKs for transaction terminology BIP

Murch murch at murch.one
Wed Apr 5 18:54:15 UTC 2023

Hey everyone,

Over the years, I have participated in a few conversations about various
aspects of transactions. Often a chunk of the conversation is spent on
establishing a shared vocabulary. There are many competing terms—e.g. I
can think of at least three additional terms that refer to `scriptPubKey`.

I’ve drafted an informational BIP that proposes terminology for various
components and aspects of transactions. As some established terms are
already contradictory, the proposal does not aim for a perfectly
consistent selection of terms, but rather just to establish a shared
vocabulary to avoid confusion.

Draft: https://github.com/Xekyo/bips/pull/1

Please let me know whether you’d be interested in the creation of such a
BIP.

Cheers,
Murch