[Bitcoin-ml] Distinctive URI prefix for Bitcoin Cash payment requests

freetrader freetrader at tuta.io
Tue Aug 8 15:07:46 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm posting to discuss a matter of some urgency - the introduction of a distinctive URI prefix for Bitcoin Cash payments.
Re-using the current 'bitcoin:' prefix to denote Bitcoin (BTC) payment requests leads to users experiencing trouble.

Proposals for prefix include:
- xbc:
- bitcoincash:
- cash:

Not sure about the relative merits, considering possible 1-character typos, but since these are mostly for use by software, maybe shorter is better even though I personally prefer the unambiguous 'bitcoincash' .

Your thoughts appreciated, and hoping we can agree on a common scheme on short notice.

freetrader at tuta.io

GPG fingerprint: CC32 9A4F B0E4 1392 8295  05FE C07A 7C34 5E86 B06C