[Bitcoin-ml] Bitcoin Cash Roadmap

Mirco Romanato mirco.romanato at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 20:24:56 UTC 2017

Il 08/08/2017 18:06, Antony Zegers via bitcoin-ml ha scritto:

My suggestion, as a user and not a developer, is to pick every low
hanging fruit first and then go up the tree.

I would support to do whatever need less work and testing first and
don't need an hard fork.

The URI prefix change is nice and I suppose is a quick change helping a
lot users requiring payments in Bitcoin Cash and not Bitcoin SW.
Also the interoperablity and compatibility of datadir ansd wallets would
be a nice addition for people running multiple implementations of a full
node. This would also be a template for other projects.

Then go up the tree with whatever needs HFs and allows to scale up the
number of transactions and their security.

Bigger blocks and Weak blocks are surely in my priority list.
We don't want to go anywhere near the block limit anytime soon for
whatever reason.

Weak blocks also can signal what tx is included in a candidate block.
This allows the users to know how much hash rate is working on a block
with their tx inside. This can give them a number useful to gauge the
chances their tx will make in the next block. If 99% of the hash rate is
mining a block with a specific transaction inside the sender and the
receiver know they have 99% of it confirming inthe next block.

I would also suggest to implement the CPFP malleability fix in the
wallet, for users wanting to prevent the malleation of their transaction.

This should be a very easy addition, very fast to deploy, no consensus
changing, etc.
And it would allow to see how many and who actually want malleability
protection.
The feeless tx could have some flag signalling to the miners "don't mine
if there is no CPFP tx after it"

Malleability was not a problem until 2014's MtGox meltdown. And was used
by Blockstream to stop scaling and prioritizing its solution at the
expenses of everything else.

The only thing outside the list I would suggest to evaluate is
implementing stuff useful to Rootstock and other protocols using the
bitcoin blockchain.

--
Mirco Romanato

---