[Bitcoin-ml] Proposal for a future blockspace/fee market discovery mechanism

Oliver Petruzel opetruzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:51:30 UTC 2017

>>Removing artificial obstacles is the thing we need. Not creating new ones
try and control the fees.

I'm not suggesting that fees themselves should be structured, and I don't
believe that "Fee Discovery" has anything to do with control.

I believe it has to do with awareness, and thus providing users with a much
more clear understanding of exactly what fees they should use, when they
should use them, and what they can expect as a result.

The current guessing game for fees, even when the blocks aren't full, leads
to a terrible user experience everywhere that user expectations don't match
reality, and vice versa.

Oliver

On Aug 15, 2017 15:39, "Tom Zander via bitcoin-ml" <
bitcoin-ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 21:14:19 CEST Oliver Petruzel via bitcoin-ml
wrote:
> Don't get me wrong -- a better fee discovery system is a much needed
> upgrade for every coin,

Just to be clear, Bitcoin is not going to need any artificial fee strucutre
for decades as the block reward is going to be there for a long time.

Doubling the price every 4 years is a very low bar that I have no doubt will
be possible in order to sustain the mining industry.

I’d like to aim your efforts at creating an open market for block space.
Removing artificial obstacles is the thing we need. Not creating new ones to
try and control the fees.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io