[Bitcoin-ml] A new place for Bitcoin Cash specifications

freetrader freetrader at tuta.io
Mon Aug 21 08:56:48 UTC 2017

Bumping this issue which was raised on ABC's Github tracker:

https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/issues/69

I would like to state that I'm not in favor of modifying historical BIPs as we move to a new system.
Concretely, I would hope we leave existing BIPs untouched in name and content.
This seems to me to make for less external confusion, less internal work, and avoid any authorship / accreditation issues.
Just move to a new scheme (BCIP or whatever else) starting at an unused counter for the new specifications.

I think the first point would be to find a new Github home for these documents, and reflect briefly on how we can improve on the BIP process before we begin (which we need to, with haste, for things like a possible address scheme change etc.)

freetrader at tuta.io

GPG fingerprint: CC32 9A4F B0E4 1392 8295  05FE C07A 7C34 5E86 B06C