[Bitcoin-ml] Difficulty adjustment

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Fri Aug 25 10:08:24 UTC 2017

Thanks for your reply Erik!

On Friday, 25 August 2017 11:55:41 CEST Erik Beijnoff wrote:
> The EDA was important to let BCC come to life, but the lack of a counter
> balance is causing serious problems.

Definitely!

> I very much think that the soft fork way to counter it is also the way to
> go, causing minimal network disruption.

I based my conclusion that this is a soft fork on the code in
CheckProofOfWork() in the C++ implementations, I got pointed to similar code
in ContextualCheckBlockHeader() which doesn’t allow this to be done as  a
soft-fork.

At least for the full nodes.  I have not checked the implementations of
popular wallets.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io