[Bitcoin-ml] Difficulty adjustment

Tomas tomas at bitcrust.org
Fri Aug 25 11:51:59 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017, at 11:35, Tom Zander via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> For now I want to suggest a soft fork to the algo.

I think this is a good idea and formula.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017, at 12:08, Tom Zander via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> I based my conclusion that this is a soft fork on the code in
> CheckProofOfWork() in the C++ implementations, I got pointed to similar code
> in ContextualCheckBlockHeader() which doesn’t allow this to be done as  a
> soft-fork.

I would think that *technically* it is still possible to do it as a
softfork by not changing the nBits target, but instead using the new EDA
as an extra "penalty" above the nBits target?

This would get pretty messy though. I think we can leave the
hardforkobofia to the other chain.

Tomas