[Bitcoin-ml] What i would like to see in the next HF + timeline

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Tue Aug 29 15:47:40 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 17:32:00 CEST Amaury Séchet wrote:
> I'm unclear how you can create two transaction that have the same hash.
> There are some existing ones in the blockchain but they all have been made
> unspendable.

The ones in the blockchain did this by creating a coinbase transaction
paying to a certain address. Since a coinbase has no input, two transactions
paying to the same output will create a duplicate TxId. They are essentially
the same tx. (miners add a coinbase message now, and a block-height to solve
this issue).
Bip030 has disabled those, yes. But what it states is that you are allowed
duplicate txids on the blockchain, just not when the previous one is still
unspent.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io