[Bitcoin-ml] What i would like to see in the next HF + timeline

Chris Pacia ctpacia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:17:57 UTC 2017

Apologies for a new thread for this topic, just subscribed.

I think restructuring the merkle root the way deadalnix described would
be a pretty big win. Along those same lines I would look into committing
the UTXO set as well. This is something that would likely be necessary
for any sharding scheme later on but in the interim it would enable a
fast sync from checkpoint and would eliminate sync time as one of the
major criticisms of larger blocks.