[Bitcoin-ml] Proposal to deploy cashaddr January, 14

Junyi Li jli225 at binghamton.edu
Sat Dec 9 11:22:01 UTC 2017

1. So, maybe the change from P2SH to P2PKH didn't bring in more
benefit than harm? Time to reconsider?

2. I personally prefer Amaury's cashaddr to bitpay's because of aesthetics.
The 'C' 'H' addresses are as ugly as the 'M' addresses for LTC.

3. There is no reason to abandon ‘1’ addresses in future. It works pretty
well. The responsibility for the cross-chain fund loss was on the
SegWit fork of the other coin, although I appreciate the attitude of this
community on undertaking the obligation of the other coin to avoid
accidental loss of people. I would like to see Amaury's cashaddr format
works like bitgo's '3' format.

4. As an end user, I tried Amaury's cashadd with excel/email/forum, I
believe it works as perfect as '1' addresses for the average joe and I have
enough confidence that such formats will not only have future in Bitcoin
Cash. In fact, I thought ":" in addresses was a disaster when I first read
Amaury's email here last month. But actually, it doesn't add any burden to
end users according to my own experience.

Thanks.
Junyi

-------