[Bitcoin-ml] Risks of Segregated Witness

Jameson Lopp jameson.lopp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 18:43:58 UTC 2017

I won't address the legal arguments as it's not my field of expertise, but
from a technical standpoint no one can force you to delete signature data,
so the argument basically boils down to "if you delete data that you are
legally required to keep, you're in trouble!"

Note that signature pruning is not even an option yet in Core. Even if it
does become an option I doubt it will be a default. Even if it is a
default, you can always take the signature data and store it yourself in
any of the million possible forms of data stores currently available with
modern technology.