[Bitcoin-ml] Risks of Segregated Witness

Jameson Lopp jameson.lopp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 14:47:34 UTC 2017

Sure, if you need to store signatures for some reason then you should
either upgrade your node or find a different source from which to retrieve
signatures. I expect there will be plenty of 3rd party APIs from which you
can retrieve the signatures if for some reason you can't run your own
upgraded node.

I'm still not a legal expert, but it sounds like those who are dispute that
portion of the claim as well.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-legal-experts-nchain-segwit-criticisms-flawed/

- Jameson