[Bitcoin-ml] Time to get agreement on new DAA for Bitcoin Cash (Eli)

Shammah Chancellor shammah.chancellor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 14:58:26 UTC 2017

Yes.  There is not enough time to get a new algorithm out.  We would have to write the code, test the code, test it in production, and get it implemented everywhere in less than 13 days.  That's not viable.

However, people can, and should, continue to get agreement on what should be done in the next hardfork.

It might be wise to appoint a moderator for a DAA working group right now.  Can I motion we create such a position, and nominate Scott?

-Shea