[Bitcoin-ml] Time to get agreement on new DAA for Bitcoin Cash

G. Andrew Stone g.andrew.stone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:50:11 UTC 2017

I think the difference is that your DAAs are looking at the the error and
then basically computing the difficulty that would have fixed that error
given the poisson distribution.  I hadn't considered doing it that way and
in that situation I agree with you.  You've introduced the poisson
distribution into your DAA calculation, and so you need to change that to
reflect the new distribution.

The DAAs I thought about are using the error to apply an adjustment to the
prior difficulty.  So the poisson distribution is not needed in the DAA.