[Bitcoin-ml] Proposed address format for bitcoin cash

Antony Zegers antony.zegers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 23:43:48 UTC 2017

I propose we change the testnet and regtest prefixes in the Cash
Address specification from "xbctest" and "xbcreg" to "bchtest" and
"bchreg" respectively.

I created a pull request to update the spec with this change at:
https://github.com/Bitcoin-UAHF/spec/pull/31

It seems that the majority of the ecosystem is converging to "BCH" as
the symbol for Bitcoin Cash, so I think it makes the most sense to go
along with this. "XBC" is not generally associated with Bitcoin Cash,
and conflicts with "Bitcoin Plus".

Antony
(aka Mengerian)