[Bitcoin-ml] Block size credit and supporting "burst" block sizes

Gal Buki jkl at torus.ch
Mon Nov 20 07:08:54 UTC 2017

> If a miner produces a block that is below the blocksize limit, they get
credit for the portion of the block that they didn't use.

> During peak demand periods, they could use that credit to make blocks
that would otherwise be above the block size limit.

I fear that this would be a disadvantage to smaller and new miners because
they could have either only limited credit or none at all. Whereas older
and larger miners could have accumulated credit during months of mining
smaller blocks.

We would also need to store the state based on the pool information which
could make switching pools an economic punishment.

Please correct me if I'm missing something.

Gal