[Bitcoin-ml] Bucketed UTXO Commitment part 2

Chris Pacia ctpacia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:11:57 UTC 2017

So thinking a little more about I'm a little worried a 100kb proof might
be too large for some of the things we might want to do with it.

For example, for scaling purposes it might be nice to shard the UTXO
set. In such an environment the sender of the each transaction

might want to fetch the UTXO proofs for each of his inputs and attach
them to the transaction he relays to peers in the network. Then those

who only have a partial view of the UTXO set can just validate the
transaction using CPU. But at 100kb per input that would use a ton of
bandwidth. :(

Not saying this scheme is useful for other purposes but that is one
thing it probably doesn't work for.