[Bitcoin-ml] Malleability Fix SIGHASH_ANYOUTPUT

Steve Shadders shadders.del at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:33:41 UTC 2017

It is immutable in the way it was originally intended... I.e. once
confirmed in the blockchain. We might speculate that Satoshi didn't think
of op_drop or other type of malleability but do we really believe he wasn't
aware of signature malleability which is the unfixable part of this whole
issue?

*Please* can we start listing these use cases so that we can begin
addressing them. At the moment we are arguing about a nebulous point... We
need to be dealing with concrete details because this argument is so mixed
up with assumptions people still have as hangovers from years or core
narrative.  We are in new big block paradigm now... Many use cases for LN
are largely subsumed by on chain functions that weren't feasible with a 1mb
limit. So what are the use cases, one by one? The only one I know of that
contemporary relevance (I.e. someone that actually needs it for their
business model) is Yours who decided that on chain was a better solution
than payment channels.

Your own use case of using txid with reusable addresses is easily dealt
with in other ways.