[Bitcoin-ml] Malleability - Show of hands

Tomas tomas at bitcrust.org
Mon Oct 9 21:00:05 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 19:22, Amaury Séchet via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> We can't continuously reopen this discussion again and again.
> Malleability has serious drawbacks. It makes 0-conf extra unreliable,
> it makes layer 2 systems harder to build and it can be used by
> unscrupulous miner to attack the network, which has been done several
> time in the past both on BTC and BCC.> It's time to work, people.

Ok. I will be pushing the diffs  for MalFix step by step to ABC
for review.
I just wanted to note that the SigHash solution has my personal
preference above MalFix. To summarize
* I don't it's a bear trap. If the target is only automated processes
  and not ordinary use, it doesn't seem more dangerous than SIGHASH_NONE
  or anyone can spend outputs. You can always easily shoot yourself in
  the foot when constructing raw transactions.
* It has a lot less impact to the ecosystem.

* It adds a lot more flexibility to the creation of off chain
  transactions.
* It is more in line with the current functionality of the system.

I think discussing these things is at least as important as coding them,
but I understand you want to move on.