[Bitcoin-ml] The Blockchain Difficulty Information Paradox

Shammah Chancellor shammah.chancellor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 15:11:07 UTC 2017

Nice write up.  I was thinking along similar lines.  I like the weak block idea.  But that's a huge protocol change.

Maybe you could make the algorithm, such such that a weak block would be accepted if it has a more unlikely hash than the previous weak block.  Then once every 10 minutes the network comes to consensus about the luckiest weak block, and it is broadcast as a full block.

Thoughts?