[Bitcoin-ml] Temporarily Reducing Max. Block Size

Nagai nagai at protonmail.ch
Thu Oct 26 14:25:21 UTC 2017

> Please include your research showing that "8 MB is currently too much for Bitcoin Cash"

The blocks 90% are much smaller than 500KB.

> and that the transactions are "full-block-useless-transactions-spam".

No, I didn't mean that. I mean, it's easy for one to generate 7.99 MB blocks to spam the
blockchain. Let's say, 160 blocks a day, an attacker having 20% of the network. The
blockchain will grow up "160*8*(20/100)*7=1792" megabytes a week. That's OK, but
OK only for normal transactions - not spam. If we're able to stop a future spam attack,
then why don't we?

> Is there an actual spam problem that needs to be addressed?

It'll be too late to save gigabytes when there will be.