[Bitcoin-ml] "Useless Spam" problem

Matthew Clancy matthewpclancy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:26:44 UTC 2017

I guess you didn't outline it in your proposal, but I suppose you are
suggesting we create some kind tribunal or governance body to decide which
transactions are useless. Otherwise, who is to say? One man's trash is
another's treasure, I propose we call the governance body the Transaction
Politburo. We can let them come up with their own logo.

How many experts should sit on our politburo? I guess UTXO holders can vote
to elect members, who could then appoint a Transaction Police Force to
monitor the blockchain for useless span and take action accordingly.

I do wonder how we will pay for all this.

I don't think I could support reducing the blocksize, unless you can give
me a clear definition of useless transaction the would render my
transaction politburo unnecessary.