[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Amaury Séchet deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 19:31:45 UTC 2017

bitcoin-ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org>:

> Bitcoin Cash needs a roadmap. When will we hard fork? What will hard forks
> bring us?
> ... No answers
>
> Less information = less trust.
>
> If we don't have a roadmap, no one will believe in Bitcoin Cash. We need
> to sort these things:
>
> Simple malleability fix / FlexTrans

Wallets are catching up. It makes no sense to break them now. This will be
fixed in time.

> Remove OP_RETURN anti-replay rule

It already has a sunset clause.

> Better difficulty adjustment
>

> Headers-first mining (Can you believe that this is a part of Bitcoin
> Classic's 2016 roadmap?)

Pool software do that already today. It is not useful.

> Dynamic blocksize

Yes, this is important.

> Schnorr signatures
> Blockchain pruning (Can be optional, each node operator decides)

All Cash client can do pruning today.

> Removing Asicboost (Least priority?)

Nobody cares about ASICboost.

> Forcing XThin / Compact Blocks

This is not really consensus related.

> Some inspired by: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/
> bitcoin-ml/2017-August/000075.html
>
> Can't we at least decide when will the first hard fork happen and what
> will it contain?

 That's being decided now.