[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Chris Pacia ctpacia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 15:38:49 UTC 2017

On 09/03/2017 06:12 AM, Christoph Bergmann via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> You solved it for now, congratulation.

I think 8mb will go pretty fast if Bitcoin Cash catches on. I don't
think we can afford to just sit back and relax on scalability.

> maybe some kb / mb space can be reserved for such transactions, for
> which users compete with fees? (which would help paying for PoW long
> term).

This is an interesting idea. Not sure that rule would be enforced though
other than just leaving it to miner discretion which seem kind of brittle.

> Bloom Filters are a clever concept, but they either lose privacy or
> waste bandwidth,

I wrote a prefix filtering bip that would be nice to see implemented. It
has better privacy (and maybe better performance) than bloom filters but
it's kind of hacky. It would work much better if the transaction had a
dedicated eight bytes that would be used to SPV wallets to flag
transactions (with full nodes just setting those bytes to random).

> and they seem to be not compatible with stealth addresses.

They do work with stealth addresses. I wrote stealth SPV that was
functional.