[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Mirco Romanato mirco.romanato at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 20:16:36 UTC 2017

Il 02/09/2017 23:42, Tom Zander via bitcoin-ml ha scritto:

> The reason I object to a SMF is simply because this is a problem that has
> been known for over 6 years. Everyone in Bitcoin works around it. Yes, it
> should be fixed eventually.
> At this point nobody gains by pushing out a quick fix.
> Especially since it doesn't actually fix things for all transactions, just
> new transactions.

Small question and suggestion:

1) How far away is Child Pay For Parents (CPFP) in Unlimited / Classic /
ABC?

2) If we have CPFP how much work is needed to have the wallet to create
an unmalleable "zero-fee tx spent by a fee paying tx"?

This is the only "Quick fix" to malleability we should have right now.
It doesn't change formats, no new transaction type, can be done without
changing any consensus rule I know about.

After this "fix" is out, we will see what real demand for unmalleable
transactions is there.

If LN can someway work without a malleability fix, I suppose it can work
with this fix also. Then, if this fix is not enough, more reasons to
push for a comprehensive fix of malleability.

--
Mirco Romanato

---
http://www.avg.com