[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Erik Hedman e at srkrt.se
Mon Sep 4 06:03:24 UTC 2017

Do we really need a community wide roadmap for software features? As I
see it, to not have a roadmap for all, not need to find consensus for
all software features and not having a reference implementation is a
major feature.

I think major drawbacks from having a single roadmap is creating tension
within the community and stiffle innovation, and it will be Bitcoin Core
all over again.

Let the different software implementations implement what they see fit.
The implementation with the features the users/miners/businesses want
will gain majority. If the users/miners/businesses want something that
not a single implementation has, there will be a software fork to get
that, or implementations will adapt.

As I see it, the thing we need to agree on, is that if you have a
feature that you want implemented, you do proper documentation for
others to use and be able to implement from.