[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Mon Sep 4 11:48:31 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 3 September 2017 12:12:03 CEST Christoph Bergmann via bitcoin-ml
wrote:
> That's just what spontanously comes to mind. I'm sure there are a lot of
> other exciting areas to dig into. I have to admit that I don't know
> anything about the technical challenges which come along with these
> points. So please excuse me if I wrote some fairy-tale unicorn-wishing
> daydreaming bullshit.

This was an awesome list, thanks for writing that.

Practically speaking the only way to get things done is to find people that
actually spent the time doing it.
For instance the payment protocol is something that I feel is very important
and severely lacking. Lots of people don't understand the ideas behind it
(for instance the CSW topic about pay2ip showed a lack of understanding).

I am certain I don't know all the details of payment protocols either, and
my time is better spent going through my lengthy todo list.

Practically we don't need a roadmap, we need people that jump in and start
to do the things they care about.
Please coordinate here, but coordination DOES NOT MEAN you need permission.

A Bitcoin-Cash wide roadmap is not one for developers. It is one where
protocol-changes are planned.
By individuals/teams, in cooperation with the wider ecosystem.
Notice again the lack of permission.

This bears repeating, people get too fast in the mindset of centralized or
authority thinking. Bitcoin Cash is permissionless. And I'd like it to stay
that way.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io