[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Mon Sep 4 12:01:01 UTC 2017

On Monday, 4 September 2017 13:40:29 CEST Gal Buki via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> I think the opposite is true.

I actually think that Erik had a very good point.

> If everyone does his own thing and invests months/years, the investment
> (financially and personal) might be too big to just back off and it will
> lead to tension between the teams.

The way that Bitcoin Core did things is far from ideal (for the market). And
we saw it lead to the problems you describe above.
But this was mostly because for over a year they ignored competitor's
explaining the weaknesses in their solutions.

Deciding which solution is better is done by the market.

This is why I started this mailinglist, we need coordination and we need
developers to talk about their favorite solutions. Because listening to your
peers avoids disappointment.

We can't avoid disgruntled developers, we can provide all the tools to make
the mature ones succeed.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io