[Bitcoin-ml] Can we decide on a roadmap now?

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Mon Sep 4 14:27:31 UTC 2017

On Monday, 4 September 2017 16:10:48 CEST Gal Buki wrote:
> > Please coordinate here, but coordination DOES NOT MEAN you need
> > permission.

> Isn't the roadmap the end result of coordinating between the teams?

Its a very different thing.

A roadmap requires;
* all teams agree beforehand.
* a direction is chosen before code is written. (excluding all others)
* waterfall development.

The idea of permissionless development is the absolute opposite.

* you need to convince nobody before you start work
* your idea is useless without running code.
* agreement is created based on actual work done. No high-level
disagreements based on misunderstandings. The code is your guide.
* development is iterative and there is no need for teams to “join” until
they find the project to be serious enough to conribute to. Which can be
never.

Coordination is wanted because we don’t want to have overlap between
different teams and companies that goes undetected for too long. That would
waste resources.
It is also useful to find more interested individuals that may want to help.

> Maybe we are not using the same terminology?

Coordination here is not much more than making sure everyone knows what the
status is of your project, what the goals are of the project.
There is no requirements for people agreeing with you, there is no
requirement or permission.
Coordination here is simply a more specialized form of communication.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io