[Bitcoin-ml] Flexible Transactions are canonical

Antony Zegers antony.zegers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 18:17:25 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Tom Zander via bitcoin-ml
<bitcoin-ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> No, because you can have an unsigned v1 transaction where you swap outputs
> and nothing breaks.
> So current unsigned transactions are not canonical.

You raise a good point, there is no canonical order for the list of
outputs (and I believe inputs) in transactions currently.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to enforce a canonical order in
Bitcoin Cash transactions. It could be done via soft fork.

Antony