[Bitcoin-ml] Flexible Transactions are canonical

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Mon Sep 11 13:07:56 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 9 September 2017 20:09:34 CEST Nagai via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> Why don't we first add "fully canonical unsigned transactions"

Unsigned transaction can by defintion not be canonical. They are not in v1.
Because if it were, the user would not be able to change anything (like
output ordering) before signing it.

> With canonical encoding they'd have to hold 32k private keys or
> lose money.

You are asking for a requirement to use unique addresses in each output.
This is a new rule that is completely separated from being canonical.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io