[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Wed Sep 20 09:23:25 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 03:07:04 CEST Andrew Johnson wrote:
> I’m trying to have
> a productive conversation with you here, perhaps I’m wasting my time.
> I’ll go ahead and respond to the rest of your message, but let’s try and
> keep it rational, eh?  If you disagree with me, tell me why.
> I’m not trying to be combative here, though you somewhat seem to be...

Andrew,

you used this thread to put forward a story of how miners work, you have so
far not provided a shred of evidence to support your claims.

You make it out like miners are short term opportunists, even though various
people (you included) provided evidence to support the contrary. Is it so
hard to grasp that a big investor in mining equipment actually looks beyond
next month?

You said more than once they only focus on very short term incentives, like
a common child. This implies that miners are ignorant about economics and
don’t know how to maximise profits by producing growth and stability.
You continue to make claims about how they would behave, but without any
evidence to back up your claims.

Then to top it off, you take at least two of my statements, literally
rewrite them to say something else and criticize your version like it was me
saying it.

Andrew, if this is your way of having a productive conversation, I’m going
to politely disagree with you.

End rant.

If you disagree on something as fuzzy and personal as miners incentives then
its Ok to state this as an opinion and let me try to sell this idea to
miners anyway.
If you think I’ll fail, thats my time wasted. I don’t really understand why
you want to convince me my assumption is wrong.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io