[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

Erik Hedman e at srkrt.se
Wed Sep 20 17:39:05 UTC 2017

When I first read Toms mail, I felt skeptical. I thought that once again
is a developer trying to decide what miners should do which is a
paternalistic view. After I've been thinking for a while, I have changed
my mind.

I was also having a paternalistic and prejudiced view on how miners
think, when I thought that they were going after short term profit only.

Miners are humans, they are diverse. Some mine for the short term
profit, others for long term profit, others are also altruistic, or a
mix of everything.

Debating whether Toms idea is viable or not is a waste of time. Some
miners will probably like it, others will not, how large these groups
will be is impossible to know, but that doesn't matter, it gives an
alternative to those who want it.

Diversity is, in my view, good, so let's encourage that, even if you
don't believe in it. Because none of us decides, or knows, what the
market will adopt in the end.

/e